Food & Entertainment: Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy
Getting ready to prepare those yummy dishes or pastries for this year? Check out one of the most healthy cakes that is not only a nutritional but also made out of the most delicious fruit: avocado.
Avocado Pumpkin Spice Cake
A simple and delicious dessert combining the beloved seasonal flavor of pumpkin spice with creamy avocado for a nutrient boosted tasty treat.
50 – 60 minutes
1 hour 5 minutes – 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: Recipe serving size: 1/14
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin, pureed
- 1/2 cup ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and pureed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- Dust of confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F with a rack set in the center.
- Butter and flour a 10-cup bundt pan, making sure to get into all the cracks and crevices of the pan to prevent sticking.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or in a bowl with a hand mixer, combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, avocado, eggs, and spices, mixing on medium-high for 2 minutes. Add the milk and stir.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and tap on the counter a few times to release any large air bubbles.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan set on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert the cake onto the rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar just before serving if desired.
Notes & Tips: Store covered, at room temperature for 2 days.
To view recipe visit: https://www.saboreaunohoy.com/en/recipe/avocado-pumpkin-spice-cake/